Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Brody... Another long road

So again we went into a bronch pretty sure we would be getting good news and yet again we were let down big. All of the stars seemed like they were aligning- we had clearance from all specialties they asked us to visit in the last few months-GI, cardiology, and almost 100% in from Pulmonology. I'm so sick and tired of the surgeons starting the conversations with "we were very surprised to find..." new active swelling from an unknown source... No shit you were surprised... Brody has been in the best health, developing by leaps and bounds and has jumped through all the hoops you've asked from us... These weird twists and turns at every corner surprise all of us! Again- just devastated.
So what does this mean??? We wait another 3-4 months to take a look again and hope that this is just a little infection that will pass and not something more chronic that could cause permanent scarring. The earliest reconstruction could happen is late fall but this could also go on for years. I feel so desperate, hopeless, helpless...
So when I woke up the next day after crying myself to sleep again I get into action mode. Having the Trach sucks but the most irritating part of any medical condition is if it affects quality of life or development of a young child. Many of my issues are exactly that- my issues-my anxiety about social situations, my sensitivities about people's looks, and all of our responsibility I learn and teach sign language so that Brody has a valid mode of communication.
So, today is a new day and tomorrow will be another.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment