Thursday, January 20, 2011

Brody being transferred to St Chris's

I won't sugar-coat this email. Things are shitty. I'm losing it but that's secondary. Brody had a very bad episode yesterday that was almost fatal. We have been waiting for his airway to grow bigger and his reflux to subside as he got older but the waiting is now impeding on his development and something needs to be done. They are coming to consult tomorrow but it is probable that Brody will be getting a gastronomy tube implanted in his stomach (where he would be fed thru) and a Nissen Profundication to wrap his stomach around his esophogus in attempts of eliminating his reflux.The thought is that if we can eliminate the reflux and get all of the tubes out of his tiny airway then hopefully his airway can finally heal itself and we can avoid a tracheotomy... it is always a posibility at the end of the road but first things first.

If you are looking for more information please research online. Please be respectful of the level of stress we are all under. I have really been speaking with no one other than my mother as I am incredibly fragile right now and she's the only one I am comfortable enough to flip out on when my patience runs thin-lucky her. I am fighting so hard to keep it together for my kids. I'm taking the space that I need right now so please don't take it personally if you don't hear from me. I love you all but am just having a very difficult time with all of this and need to take care of me so that I can be better for the boys.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Meliss, Jakers has a g-tube It was scary as hell at first, but now I don't know how we survived without it. I had a Nissen in 97. Best thing I ever did for myself. I hope Brody shares the same results. Your doing a great job. Do whatever it is you need to do to stay strong for the boys....don't worry about hurting feelings of others...your friends will always be there for you Thinking of you all always xo G

    ReplyDelete