Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Brody is out of surgery! Everything went smoothly. He had his nissen, gtube, circumcision, and an inguinal hernia repair. Poor munchkin!!! This morning his bicarb levels were still high and we weren't sure until last minute if he would even be having the surgery. Thank g-d they did it! He had a bad night and NEEDED this surgery.

Once he is extubated...which could be a challenge with his airway and respiratory issues, Now we will have to learn how to feed him through his gtube and care for it. I just hope this brings him the relief and comfort that he deserves.

2 comments:

  1. Melissa,
    Reading all the updates in the last few weeks I couldn't help but cry. I just don't know what to say. I don't know why this journey has been so incredibly rough and draining. I don't understand any of it. Please know I care and I am truely sorry this is all happening. Please tell your Mom I said hello. She is a terrific lady as are you! My cell is (215) 480-2539. I know you are not talking or texting anyone right now but I wanted to give it to you so that months down the road, we could connect again. I am sorry...and I love you, Daneen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and the boys. Hugs and Love!

    ReplyDelete