Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Back to Abington

Yesterday was 43 weeks... or 3 weeks old. Brody was tranferred back to Abington last minute earlier today. I am looking forward to only having to go to 1 NICU and not have to feel divided with my attention. Brody is doing great with his new tummy in place. We still have a lot of respiratory work to do..ENT is coming Friday to see if his airway has improved since the surgery. Brody lost a good amount of weight as he hadn't eaten in almost a week after surgery...by tomorrow he should be on his full feedings and we will fatten him up real fast.

Cameron's feedings have been going very poorly and he is easily aggitated. His milk has been winding up in his nose and anything that makes it to the stomach usually comes up. He was doing so well last week... we're not really sure what happened but I hate seeing him uncomfortable and in pain during feedings again. We added yet another reflux med to the mix and will be trying different agents to thicken his milk. He is 7lbs 2oz, Cam has a very mild case of pulmonary hypertension and an Atrial Septal Defect that is not a problem now and hopefully won't be... just keeping an eye on it.

There are so many times when I wish they were home and able to do the "normal baby" things but I accepted that this is our normal a long time ago. While I would love the cute baby pics and to have my kids playing together in the bathtub and be blowing raspberries on their tummies, the most important thing to me right now is that they are happy and comfortable...no matter if that is in a nicu or at home. All of that other stuff is to give us the warm and fuzzies as the boys will not remember spending the first few months of their lives in the hospital. If I do my job right as their advocate and fight for them every day I hope that this is all just a memory to Brett and I one day. My men will have a challenging first few years but they are the luckiest kids on earth to have us as parents who are willing to do anything for them. I plan on teaching them to define themselves by the strength they have shown me and taught us. I have found my purpose in life... it's Brody and Cameron.

135 days in NICU with no end in sight... but who the hell cares anymore...the boys will be fine!!!

Fat man Cam

                                      His cute little outfit and Juicy hat that he puked all over
                                           Brody after surgery, wide eyed and observant like usual

No comments:

Post a Comment