Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Home on the horizon???

Cameron is taking all of his feedings by mouth now...and a few extras when he screams and demands them. He is one big boy at 8lbs 3oz. He ripped his feeding tube out of his nose. I guess he was telling us he wouldn't be needing it anymore. So now he has a little boo boo on his cheek from the tape ripping : ( rolled over 2 more times, hung off of me for an hour happy as can be in his baby bjorn, and sat in his bouncy seat looking out the door of his room at the passers by. If he keeps this up he is outta there very soon...as soon as he recovers from hernia surgery. We will probably find out when that will be tomorrow.

IMG_0030.JPG

In all of this excitement I feel sad for Brody. I'm thrilled and scared at the same time to bring Cam home. I'm nervous about not being able to be with Brody as much as I will need to be home with Cam and at e same time concerned I won't be able to fully enjoy Cam knowing that Brody is still in the hospital. Jewish guilt or just me wanting to give them both equal love, attention and Mommy time. So excited for this day that we've been waiting for so long for but overwhelmed too. Scared to leave the safe walls of the NICU and am going to really miss the family and support system that we have there.

It's almost time to bring one of my babies home. Butterflies.

No comments:

Post a Comment