Sunday, February 27, 2011

What a day

Most people would probably say that the best day of their life was the day their kids were born. I feel guilty saying that for us it was not, as that day was terrifying not knowing if both boys would make it and where this journey would take us. Today I finally feel like I can sigh in relief and celebrate my Two Tough Twins.

This morning we had their Bris in the NICU. Grandparents and great GPs shared in our joy. The cantor mentioned today being their "spiritual birth" and the term his close to home. I always say that eventhough their birth date was 5 months ago, their adjusted age is 6 weeks... in my eyes they are 6 week old babies. Their spiritual birth gives them a clean slate. It was a very emotional morning and we finally shed those happy tears that most are used to when a child is born.

The boys could not have looked any cuter in their adorable outfits.









No comments:

Post a Comment