Monday, September 26, 2011

A letter from mommy

To my beautiful miracle babies on your birthday:

This time last year I didn't know if we would ever see this day. This time last year I was too paralyzed by fear to celebrate you. I didn't know if you would both make it and if so what your lives would be like. You have taught me more in one short year than most people ever learn in a lifetime. I wish more than anything that those harsh lessons didn't come at the cost of your first few years being anything but peaceful, happy and celebratory. I live to make your lives easier and my mission on this earth is to make all of this disappear one day. If you have no recollection of your challenging beginnings then daddy and I have fulfilled our job as your parents.

Cameron, my little diva: I will never ever take for granted when you "look at mommy" and you really see me. Your vision is a gift that we fought so very hard for but your strength and motivation to learn is something no one but you can take credit for. You have more energy than the rest of the family combined... You get your hyperactivity from dad but your ability to focus on goals from mommy. Your belly laughs are all I need when I'm just having one of those days when nothing else cheers me up. You are my rock and my best bud. You are AMAZING!

Brody, my intuitive little smarty pants: you are the definition of STRENGTH. When the adults had little steam left you fought for your life over and over and over again. You are sooo wise
beyond your one year. The way you look deep into my soul reminds me that it will all be okay even when things have seemed like they can get no worse. You have taken us all on quite a journey this year and there were times that we didn't know how it would end. I know that we
still have a very long way to go but have more confidence every day that only remains of these memories are some cool scars you wear as badges of honor. You are my heart.

I beg, pray, barter every minute of every day for the continued chance to give you the same lives I had always pictured for my children well before your early arrival. The only thing I know that is certain in this world is that you are the most loved and adored children that ever existed. You are very very very special little men who have already made such a huge impact on so many people without even knowing. I am positive that that you will continue to make extraordinary accomplishments in your lives.

I never knew love like this until the day you were born. You are my everything.

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment