Saturday, March 17, 2012

Facebook

It's been 18 months since I personally have made a post on Facebook. At 3 months when we thought we were "safe" to share the amazing news of twins with everyone I posted an ultrasound picture revealing 2 sacs and 2 heartbeats. Then just a few pics of my growing belly which abruptly stopped when I went on bedrest. Amidst all of the worry of what would happen to me and the boys I thought maybe I shared too much with the world on Facebook. How would I explain a potential 5 month pregnancy loss with people I haven't spoken to since high school or friends of friends or just those acquaintances I know but don't really know?? I made the decision to disconnect from sharing this way to protect the boys and myself from "talking". This has been a very intimate experience that the blog has been a great way for me to express my feelings about as it seemed "safer".

This weekend I finally posted pictures of Brody and Cameron on Facebook and was anxious and unsure until the last click. The response that I got was really nice and I'm glad I did it. Still I ask that more specific or personal questions/comments go through email as I wish to keep the details all to my private site but it feels freeing to finally open up a little to those unfamiliar with what has been going on on our lives.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment