Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers Day

So I get really weird on holidays and in particular my birthday and now Mothers Day. My first Mothers Day as a mom I was barely pregnant with the boys and at the Susan G Komen walk which is a tradition for my family since my mom had been sick years ago. I just thought the following year I would be there with a double stroller with the kids wearing cute onesies that said something like "love the ta-tas". Instead Brody was getting trached and I was feeling sorry for my kids and myself- not the way I should have been spending my first mothers day. I wanted today to be easy so I made no plans and just figured a special day for us is one when we have time to just the four of us... That NEVER happens. For once I don't want onlookers or anyone to entertain. It wound up being a great day. I told my nurse not to come until 3p and we decided last minute to take the kids to both grandmoms houses. Those of you with grandchildren might take for granted how easily the little ones can come visit your houses and feel comfortable, have everything that they need and even sleep over often without any issues. Well- this was the first time as a family that Brett and I, Brody and Cameron all made the trip to their homes. Brody always had too much equipment and Cameron was never too comfortable out of his typical environment at home. So I woke up on Brody's floor as usual but today Brett worked extra hard to be a more attentive helper and brought me cards from the kids and we whisked them off to Grammys for breakfast and a romp in their room there that they have never been in in 18 months and then off to Mom-moms for naps and more playtime. We all had a great day ( that is until Brett backed up into a parked car but I'm over that now).

Very long story short it was a good day and while this certainly isn't anyone else's norm I found how to be comfortable in it being mine for the time being.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment