Friday, September 14, 2012

He speaks!

I have waited and worked so very very hard to help Cameron to meet this very important milestone. He's finally talking! This was one of the best days of life ! I could not be more proud, shocked, fortunate... I was so scared this day might not come. Again, when you have a preemie developmental delays instill a fear of 'what does this mean for his future???' What a sweet beautiful voice and smile that comes along with it!!!


YouTube Video

While I was crying tears of joy for Cameron I actually found myself sobbing simultaneously in pain for Brody. I have never mourned for Brody's development delays because he is so right on point except for the things that are medically caused by the presence of his Trach. This time I could see the confusion on his face at the sound of Cameron's voice like 'why can't I do that?!' he was mouthing and trying so hard to mimic Cameron to produce voice. It was heart breaking. My poor Brody just had his first realization that he was different. He will have his day too...Today we are allowed to celebrate Cameron accomplishments.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment