Tuesday, September 18, 2012

What a difference kids make

Today I had a breast ultrasound to check out some lumps. I didn't think I was overly concerned going into it but my first eerie feeling happened when I got there and realized the last time I was at that location was when we found out we were having twins. What a polar opposite end of the spectrum to now be there to check out my lumpy boobs. Once they did the ultrasound and left the room to talk to the radiologist my mind went racing. Why was it taking so long?! I started crying and called my mom in a panic. What would happen to the boys?! I was reminded of how lucky I am when they FINALLY came in to tell me it was just dense glandular tissue but wow did my imagination get the best of me. When I had this done before kids I wasn't quite so scared or upset but those little goobers mean the world to me and the chance of me not being healthy enough to care for them or watch the amazing things they are going to do with their lives was paralyzing in that moment. I am so grateful for my health and to be fortunate enough to be well enough to give them everything I have every day.

A little shout out to my mom's friend Rachel who is my age with a 2.5 year old and just diagnosed with breast cancer. I think about you EVERY day.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment