Sunday, July 7, 2013

Where's my bro???

Hmmmm


It took a lot of convincing but ICU let us take Brody home until his next surgery on Friday. Nursing is arranged for all overnights because as long as the current stent is sutured in above his trach (to aid in healing of the new graft) he has a very critical airway-meaning that if his trach fell out he would not be able to breathe at all. I'm so happy to have him home but it is definitely a hand full.

Cameron has been staying with his grandmothers since Tuesday and probably will be passed around again this week. It's so hard to not see him but brody needs me more right now. Brody was actually crying a lot last night. I think this is all very confusing and he's much more content at home but doesn't understand where his brother is. Believe it or not I think this has all been more emotionally taxing on Brody than physically. He recovered from surgery really nicely but was traumatized by the hospital stay and now all of the changes since. Hes not allowed to eat by mouth this week until his stent comes out so I'm sure thats not helping either.

Regardless of how challenging the setup is, being home definitely beats the hospital!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment