Friday, January 17, 2014

Bye bye button


Tomorrow (well I guess officially today) is the day! 6am arrival time will have me up at 4:30am to do his treatments and get on the road. Hopefully in early and out early though. In with a hole in his belly since 6 months old, out with a beautiful incision closed with Dermabond.

Very exciting stuff. I remember when he had to get it in-- I had no idea the other horrible things we would encounter so having a hole in my child's stomach seemed like the worst thing possible. I remember thinking he would only have it for a few months until he got bigger and could eat more on his own... 3 years later it is just now coming out. When he went septic and was in a medically induced coma when we also lost him... We were grateful he had the gtube. Once he got bigger and better he began eating on his own but we kept it in case he had any complications with his tracheal reconstruction. It's been in his belly unused for over a year now just annoying him and leaking and irritating and FINALLY that yucky thing can come out!

I tell him his belly is going to look just like Cameron's and to say bye bye to his button. He waves to it and understands.

They just came to get him and he screamed for mama and reached for me- never gets easier but it has to get done.

The beginning of a whole new kid...




Relaxing with KiKi before


Waving Bye-bye gtube!



Feeling real good with some drugs on board


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment