Friday, January 3, 2014

This winter has been rough on us


Poor immune systems and stress don't go very well together but fortunately Brett and I have bearer much of the burden and the boys haven't been too too sick. Right now they are feeling pretty yucky but still holding up great on all the other stuff that would have gone on hold in the past because sickness trumped therapy, feedings, or making them do anything that they didn't want to at all. Even through colds and flus they continue to make big strides every day and grow into very cool funny little guys. Cam's conversational skills are fantastic- he is a little parrot and makes me laugh so hard sometimes. My biggest battle with him right now is convincing him that he is in fact a "big boy". He tells me he wants to be a baby and he wants to be 2 again, not 3. I know the feeling kid! We tousle everyday with drinking from a straw versus still wanting that damn bottle! And we had a good 2 weeks of complete nakedness because he cried about underpants instead of a diaper. Thank goodness were back on track with the undies and very slowly making it closer and closer to the potty with our pee pees. I would say 2 in the toilet a day, about 100 in our pants but were still making progress. Change is extra hard for Cameron but I am so proud of the limits he's allowinge to push him. Brody is the potty champ. Pretty much completely trained with a few accidents here and there. Wow- what a load of my shoulders-literally! Feedings still suck!!!! It's my most hated time of the day but if I take a moment to reflect on where we came they have still made great strides. I just wish I could hand them a damn chicken nugget and they would devour it just like other kids their age. I dream of the days of independent eating of solid foods!!!!!! Cam will only eat Mac n cheese these days (orzo with Greek yogurt and cheese whiz) and strawberry pudding. Brody will eat anything I blend up but I wish I could offer him more options...
I feel like he's so sick of eating puréed foods ( not nearly as sick as I am of making them however) but he just won't chew other foods enough to swallow them. We'll get there eventually just like we have all the other things I have feared my never happen but I just wish their development in this area was a bit more proportionate to all the many areas they excel in.

On to fabulous news- Brody is getting his gtube out on January 17!!! Needs surgery to close it up properly but he has had it since he is 6 months old so this is a huge victory. If all goes well the next few weeks and he continues to stay strong in fighting off all these bugs and viruses going through my house then we are hoping he will be admitted for a few nights in March for monitoring and if he passes their challenges he will come home with no trach as well! We will find out more in a few weeks on this...




You're 3 year old doesn't eat caviar??


Just looking studly


Adorbs that Children's Museum in New Hope


Snow bunnies


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment