Friday, May 13, 2011

Half-Baked

If you haven't been able to truly grasp what the mother of a child born prematurely has been through Alexa Stevenson's book Half-Baked pretty much describes what I was feeling every step of the way eventhough her experience was very different. She went through in-vitro and challenges getting pregnant which was different from us, but her accounts of being on the "mom-unit" and her bluntly honest emotions through this experience make me live it all over again. She is eloquent and vulgar all wrapped up into one. She wrote the book before I could. I had to stop reading for a while because it was too hard for me, but in order to move on I need to face the demons I ignored back then... so I have started reading again with all of the time I spend by Brody's bed while he's sleeping. It's cathartic to read through it, deal with the emotions and pull myself back together.

1 comment:

  1. Melissa,
    I have the book too. I read half in the nicu and haven't finished it. Pics of Cam are adorable. Love you, Daneen

    ReplyDelete