Thursday, April 5, 2012

I'll take the Pedialyte and my brother will have the IV fluids with a Zofran kicker

A week of vommitting and liquid out the other end and they are both weak, vitamin depleted and miserable. We are all settled in for our first family overnight together! I told them as we drove to the hospital with the sunroof open and the wind blowing through their hair that we are driving halfway to the shore ( aka The Hotel, aka The Ritz, or as the rest of you know it-the luxurious Children's Hospital of Philadelphia).
I once thought we would find a sense of freedom in all of this, eventually go out and have fun and enjoy life and then here and there go in for a surgery or "tweak" as I liked to put my dry humor spin on everything. I'm coming to realize that this is more of a way of life for us and isn't changing any time soon. Staying healthy now means bridging the gap from surgery to surgery and not "fun outdoor time to discover the world". But to each their own and for at least the near future... This is ours.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Melissa,

    Just read through the last month of your life. No words for what you all have been through. I hope both boys get better soon. I think of you often Melissa.. Love, Daneen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just watched the CHOP video for trach reconstruction. Absolutely amazing what can be done. I was in awe watching it. Always in my thoughts...Daneen

    ReplyDelete