Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Passover

Took a while to write on this topic as usual, once the boys get better I wind up super sick from being run down and stressed. We made a last minute decision to put together a quickie Passover meal Saturday after getting home from the hospital Friday we whipped together a little something. No sedar, no religion really... Just some family and some food and some healthy kids. In lieu of the four questions this year I shared my prayer from the days when I prayed...

My views on the topic of religion have changed quite a bit since going through this experience but that is not a conversation that is open for discussion. What I will share is this prayer that no matter what I believe or do not believe, this has literally been in my back pocket for the last 19 months.

May the One who blessed our ancestors Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, Sarah, Rebecca, Rachel and Leah- bless and heal Brody and Cameron sons of Brett and Melissa

May the Holy Blessed One overflow with compassion upon them, to restore them, to heal them, to strengthen them, to enliven them

May God send them speedily, a complete healing-healing of the soul and a healing of the body-along with all who are ill, among the people of Israel and all humankind, soon, speedily, without delay and let us all say-Amen.


I began reading this when I was in the hospital on bed rest praying for the boys to make it and safely. I read this when we were in Michigan waiting to hear if Cameron would be blind or sighted. I haven't read it much since as I have gotten caught up in the every day happenings around here and my beliefs have wavered. On Passover I picked it up again and was reminded after Brody's recent news of how much is still out of our control and how much hope I still have to hold on to... And how I need to dig deep to find faith in something bigger again.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment