Saturday, October 23, 2010

Prior NICU Mom Meeting

Our NICU!!
http://www.philly.com/philly/health_and_science/20100810_Evolving_techniques_improve_preemies__chances_of_survival.html

Today we went to hear a past NICU mom speak about her experiences with her son born at 23 weeks and 5 days. We didn't know what to expect to hear about her son's development as success rates for preemies born before 24 weeks gestation are typically very low. I also was not expecting her to bring her son, now 4 years old. When I walked in and saw Sam I cried before I could introduce myself. I could not believe that the adorable, talkative, funny little boy in front of me was born 1lb 6oz. We have a looong way to go yet but it was very comforting to have met Sam.

Hoping to hit our 2 pound milestone any day now!

No comments:

Post a Comment